Over the past several years UK immigration rules have become increasingly tougher. As a result thousands of families are being torn apart and forced to live in separate countries. Visa requirements are ambiguous and also add to the overall rejection rate. Financial requirements are complex, cost of making an application is constantly on the rise and not to mention the time you have to wait for the decision to be made. So it becomes extremely important that you take utmost care in ensuring that your immigration application is done right the first time because learning from your mistakes can be extremely expensive, time consuming and emotionally trying.
Spouse visa or UK marriage visa allows spouse of married UK citizens to migrate to UK for the fact that they are married to someone who is “settled in the UK.” Since the rejection rates are quite high, you should know all the requirements and read your immigration application several times to makes sure you don’t miss out on any information.
Spouse visa requirement that you should fulfil:
- Both you and your spouse should be above the age of 18 years.
- You must have met each other in person and are legally married.
- You both should have all intentions to stay together permanently.
- You should also have enough money to support yourselves without claiming public funds.
- Your partner must be earning more than £18,600 per annum and should also have enough savings to be able to sponsor you. However minimum financial requirement will rise sharply in case there is also sponsoring dependent children.
- You must also have suitable accommodation for your spouse and any dependent children.
- You should also be able to satisfy English language requirement.
Important points to consider while making an application:
Here are some points you should consider carefully while making an application to ensure smooth immigration application process and minimize or eliminate chances of rejection.
- Understand immigration rules and make sure you meet all the requirements that you are applying under.
- Include all necessary documents and organize them properly to make it easy for decision maker to follow. If they don’t find the information they are looking for, they won’t give a second though before rejecting your application.
- Include the letter of support from your sponsor (British partner) that gives the background of the relationship, nature of financial support and the availability of accommodation.
- Your application should accompany a covering letter which addresses any complexity in the case and confirming how the requirements are met on the whole.
- Provide all the original documents where ever asked for. Providing photocopies will only lead to rejection.
- Provide translation by an official translator for the documents that are not in English.
If you follow through all the instruction, you should be able to apply successfully all by yourself. You should also actively seek help from qualified solicitor with extensive experience in UK spouse visa applications.